Easiest Ways To Make Shikanji At Home
Shikanji, also known as Shikanjvi, is a famous and traditional Indian lemonade that is primarily served in the northern region of the country. In its raw state, it is sometimes known to as "Nimbu Pani."
The addition of masala or spices gives it the name "Masala Shikanji." This sweet and salty lemony drink isn't like regular lemonade because of the spices. There are numerous health benefits of drinking pure soda water. Lemon, which is high in vitamin C, provides many health benefits. With the zing of lemon, the spices make it delicious. It makes you feel refreshed and re-energized, as well as aiding digestion.
It is one of the mostpopular cooling drinks in India's northern states. A sip of this zesty and delicious masala soda, also known as masala shikanji, is a welcome respite from the scorching heat.
Taking a swig of ice-cold water On a hot summer day, sipping Indian-style sweet and spiced lemonade is one of the most refreshing things you can do.
The weather is heating up, and all we want is some ice-cold lemonade or limeade. Isn't that so?
This recipe consistently produces a tangy, spicy, and sweet masala shikanji. And preparing it from home should be the simplest summer drink you create.
It’s one the easiest summer drink which can be made in a jiffy and is loved by all or can be made using our premium quality shikanji masala online.
It's essentially a lemon-flavored drink that's manufactured all over India, though it's more popular in the north. Lime is Nimbu, while water is Pani. Because India is such a large country, the ingredients used in this dish, like other foods, differ slightly. Lime is the major component in this dish (or lemon). You can use either lime or lemon, depending on what's available. Because summer in India is hot and humid, it is a convenient and inexpensive way to stay hydrated.
You may have noticed street vendors selling this popular and traditional beverage if you are in India. Authentic shikanji is their specialty. They're a distant relative of mine, and this isn't the recipe they use. They keep the recipe a secret.
It has some additional benefits like-
- · Loved by kids and adults alike.
- · Gluten-free
- · Vegan
- · One of the cheapest drink
- · Extremely refreshing drink
- · Quick and easy to make
· Sugar balances with sourness of lemon.
· Mint leaves, adds to the hint of freshness.
· Chaat masala, gives nice taste and adds to digestion. Chaat masala contains dry mango powder, ground ginger, cumin powder. All these together, gives brilliant taste and tanginess.
· Lime / lemon acts as refreshing agent.
· Use of black salt, helps in digestion.
Method to make Masala Shikanji
· Take half glass water and dissolve sugar in it. Cut thin wedges of one Lemon.
· Now take a big jug and put some crushed mint leaves and lemon wedges in it. Pour both, sweet water and plain water in the jug.
· With a lemon juice squeezer, squeeze the juice of one lemon directly into the jug.
· Add black salt, chaat masala / Jaljeera masala, cumin powder and stir.
· Now add ice cubes and pour soda in it.
You can also buy various types of Indian spices at our online store like aam panna powder, lassi masala, and a lot more.